(518) 465-3553

6 Tower Place
Albany, NY 12203

Menu
Blog Archives

Maynard, O'Connor, Smith & Catalinotto, LLP

February 19, 2019

History of the Firm

Category: Uncategorized — admin @ 10:39 am

As we celebrate the firm’s 100-year anniversary, we would like to share some facts about our history.

In 1919, the firm was known as Naylon, Robinson & Maynard and had its office at 273 State Street in Schenectady. The building in which the firm was located still stands, at what is now the intersection of State Street and Erie Boulevard. At the time, Erie Boulevard was the Erie Canal. The building has a marquee and is to the left as you head north on Erie Blvd.

Shown is an advertisement for the firm from the 1919 Schenectady Directory (below, left). Attorney Chatfield T. Bates, advertising directly below Naylon, Robinson & Maynard, would later become a named partner of the firm. Also shown is the firm’s listing in that same publication (below, right).

Firm's ad and listing in 1919 Schenectady Directory

No Comments

No comments yet.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.